Thursday, September 6, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Friend Groups

I was really kind of weary with the topic for this week, because I feel like I haven't read enough books to really be able to properly choose my favorite "friend groups"

But looking around my room I'm pin pointing a few, bare with me however as a lot of these are from graphic novels.

This week for Top 5 Wednesday we talk about our favorite

Friend Groups:

5) Harry Potter

Photo Credit: PopSugar (Artist link not found)

Couldn't go far into this list with out mentioning these three, I have to admit. I enjoy them over all as friends, even so far as the angst between them at times, but definitely draw the line when they started coupling. I felt like they over all really balanced each other out pretty well. Though truth be told, I enjoyed Harry and Hermoine's friendship a little more. I feel like they were beyond that "what if we were a couple" phase and just jumped into an almost sibling type of relationship. You ever have that? where you don't even consider a friend a potential sexual or intimate partner in any way because it never occurred to you? I appreciated that about their relationship and wish that the same had happened between Hermoine and Ron.

4) Howl's Moving Castle


Artist: Madi at MadiDrawsThings
I fell head over heels for this movie, to the point where I couldn't tell you how many times I've watched it and still get all giddy and never tire. The book was about as interesting and helped clear things up that the movie just kind of glances over. Howl, Sophie, Calcipher and Markl are just an awkward and quirky little family that I enjoy watching the antics of.

3) Giant Days


Artist Max Sarin
Giants Days makes me miss college. It also makes me think I didn't try hard enough to make friends in college. This trio is just so humorous and dramatic and I love it.

2) Rat Queens

Artist Roc Upchurch

Speaking of humor, these four have continued to crack me up through three volumes. They all have such depth to their characters and an interesting way of interacting with each other. So much arguing, but full of love, sex and alcohol.

1) Gotham City Sirens

Artist Joe Benitez
I've always enjoyed and had a fascination for Batman, particularly Joker and Harley Quinn. Though now that I'm older and can see the major issues with their relationship I appreciate Harley's friendships with Poison Ivy and Catwoman. The trio have a tendency for mishaps and heartbreak, strong will and humor, seduction and banter, they're my number one friend group for their loyalty despite all odds and heartbreaks.

And that does it for my favorite friend groups. Do you agree with any of these? If you are aware of them, what problems do you see in their dynamic?

Until next time!

Litta

No comments:

Post a Comment