Monday, November 20, 2017

Fall Time, Cozy Time Book Tag

Have been meaning to do a fall type book tag for a bit now, and figured this one would fit pretty perfectly:

Fall Time Cozy Time Book Tag by Sam from Sam's Nonsense

Like always I will leave the questions down below if you want to do them yourself.


1) Crunching Leaves: The world is full of color - Choose a book that has reads/oranges/yellows on the cover

I'm not sure if I should be choosing one that I own that's on my shelf or one I want for my shelf...I'll do both.

From my shelf:

Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan


The orangest book I own, I think the black vines and yellow flowers help with that fall feel.

From my "to-buy" list:

Risen by Cole Gisben


This book doesn't come out until March of 2018 but this cover is fall.

2) Cozy Sweater: It's finally cool enough to don warm and cozy clothing: What book gives you the warm fuzzies?

My Grandmother Told Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman translated by Henning Koch


This book is just so heart warming. Told from the view point of a seven year old, it's just so endearing and quirky.

3) Fall Storm: The wind is howling and the rain is pounding - choose your favorite book or genre that you like to read on a stormy day.

It's hard to pinpoint a genre or book specifically for me really, as I'm a mood reader I can't say I prefer one genre over another pending on the season. But I guess if I had to choose, it'd be more towards fantasy or thriller/mystery

Guess the perfect example of this would be:

American Gods by Neil Gaiman


I listened to this in June but it would have been a good one for fall. As the time line kind of lends itself to the fall/winter seasons.

4) Cool Crisp Air: What's the coolest character you'd want to trade places with?

Hermoine Granger....


In all honestly from the first like 4 or 5 books of the Harry Potter Series, particularly Prisoner of Azkaban because I would have totally gotten myself a Time Turner to take more classes (in fact I wore one every time I chose classes for college because there was always way more I wanted to take than my schedule would allow)

Otherwise probably Citra from:

Scythe by Neil Shusterman


So spoiler alert for my November Review, I just finished this book, and Citra is such a bad ass. She's cunning and sly and I just admire her courage to speak up for what she knows is right and her dedication to pursue the right path.

5) Hot Apple Cider: What under hyped book do you want to see become the next biggest hottest thing?

The Bone Sparrow by Zana Fraillon


I haven't heard much of anything from anyone about this book and I think it's just so important to read. This book follows Subhi who was born into a refugee camp and has been waiting there with his family for years to be able to be let into the country of Australia, or for his dad to come get them and take them back to ....I think it's Guam...If not I am so sorry. The story if fiction but is based around the treatment of refugees in Australia. Fraillon also goes into how refugees are treated similarly in other countries in a blurb at the end of the book. It's an eye opener for sure.

6) Coat, Scarves and Mittens: The weather has turned cold and it's time to cover up - What's the most embarrassing book cover you own that you will keep hidden in public?

Everything All at Once by Katrina Leno


Enjoyed the story of this book. Despise this cover so much. Yes, no joke, to the point where I wouldn't take it in public. I'm aware it's not Katrina Leno's fault, authors tend not to have any control of the cover art of their book. I'm looking at you Harpercollins.

7) Pumpkin Spice: What your favorite fall time comfort food/foods?



Chai tea, or anything with cinnamon

and


Macaroni and Cheese, or anything warm with noodles and garlic bread.

Alright that was in for the Fall Time, Cozy Time Book tag

Until next time!

Litta



Questions:

1) Crunching Leaves: The world is full of color - Choose a book that has reads/oranges/yellows on the cover

2) Cozy Sweater: It's finally cool enough to don warm and cozy clothing: What book gives you the warm fuzzies?

3)Fall Storm: The wind is howling and the rain is pounding - choose your favorite book or genre that you like to read on a stormy day.

4) Cool Crisp Air: What's the coolest character you'd want to trade places with?

5) Hot Apple Cider: What under hyped book do you want to see become the next biggest hottest thing?

6) Coat, Scarves and Mittens: The weather has turned cold and it's time to cover up - What's the most embarrassing book cover you own that you will keep hidden in public?

7) Pumpkin Spice: What your favorite fall time comfort food/foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment