Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Bookish Things I Want

I saw this idea at One World Too Many Pages Blog, where they listed five bookish things they'd like in their home. And since Top 5 Wednesday is doing a sort of topic re-wind (where we do a topic that's been done before that we wanted to do)

In all honesty I'm not sure if this was a previous topic or not, it just sounded really fun.

So this will be my Top 5 Bookish things I Want for my "dream house" so to speak.

These wont be in any particular order.

1) Secret Garden Nook


I remember when I was little, my grandma's garden felt huge and wondrous. I used to pretend it was a jungle. Now that I'm older (and taller) it's still wondrous, but the plants aren't as big as I remember. I want a secret garden type nook where in all reality it's not a "jungle" but a well constructed hideaway, where I can enjoy the weather and read. Ideally with no bugs....

2) Comfy Reading Chair


In all reality this would just be "my chair" where I'd sit and read, nap, bead, knit, and be lazy. It'd be big enough where I couldn't fill it completely unless I tried. It'd be comfy and soft. It'd pretty much like what's pictured, down to the color and the fuzzy rug underneath it.

3) Window Seat with Built-ins


I'm a big fan of built-ins and window seating. But I also understand that it then becomes difficult to arrange your furniture that wont block shelves or seating. SO, as long as I have at least one good and comfy window seat with built-in bookshelves tucked in, I'd be happy. You might think I'm repeating myself with more seating, but the key is options. I want to have the option of going outside and finding a comfy place to read, or inside, with a view and natural lighting, or in a chair with a little lamp, next to a fire. Options is key.

4) Tea Party Option


This kind of goes with the secret garden, in that I just want space to do this and the option to do it. To have a cute tea set (not necissarily Alice in Wonderland themed) china to eat off of and cute decorations to push the magic a little bit. With an elegant long table and mis-matched chairs. I probably won't use this often, mainly because I don't have that many friends but I like the option damn it!

5) Story Book house


I want a fun, unique, story book house. Something you would walk up on and expect the 7 dwarves to stroll out of. Where you start wondering if you hit the right melody if animals will start appearing to help you with chores. I've dreamed about these houses ever since I was little, and although I now know to question how I'm going to heat a house made of stone, or if it's possible modern amenities can be applied, is this earthquake stable, etc...In my dreams It'd work perfectly and still be just as frickin enchanting.

And those are the Bookish themed item's I'd like for my dream house.

What are some bookish items you feel you need in your dream house?

Until next time!

Litta

2 comments:

  1. Yes I always want a window seat too! It can get hot yes, but it's comfy and have lots of natural lights :)

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I want all this too! Especially that window seat--I've always wanted one! And built ins!

    Great post!

    My rewind was on books I want to reread: https://www.whatshesread.com/single-post/2018/05/16/Top-5-Wednesday-Rewind-Books-I-Want-to-Reread

    ReplyDelete