Thursday, August 16, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Sequels I Still Need to Read

I enjoy these free-bee Top 5 Wednesdays. I don't feel so overwhelmed with how many books I haven't read.





For today's free-bee topic I decided to go with sequels I have yet to read.

Barring in mind that: These books have been released, they've been released for a while, I own them, there's really no reason for me to have not to have read them...I just haven't

These wont be in any particular order.

1) One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake


The second book in Blake's Three Dark Crowns series, the third book Two Dark Reigns comes out this September, I just didn't expect so much from this series. I mean it's great, I'm really happy for Blake. However, I feel like I didn't enjoy Three Dark Crowns that much to invest myself into an unknown number of books that follow in this series. Already Blake has three novella's that are sort of "prequels" to Three Dark Crowns, the third sequel being released in September and a fourth book in the making. I had originally loved the idea of this series, and was very conflicted on which sister I wanted to win the throne. But, it turned out to be more petty drama than actually politically or violently dramatic. Does that make sense? It was also just a bit slower than I had anticipated. I still want to pick this up, I just haven't been motivated to do so.

2) Rip Tide by Kat Falls


The sequel to Dark Life, this duo-logy has an interesting enough premise, colonizing the ocean depths in order to survive on an ever overpopulated land, but ultimately after reading the first one, I wondered why there would be a second. So I haven't picked it up out of fear that it's not going to be any good.

3) Thunderhead by Neil Shusterman


The second book in Shusterman's Arc of a Scythe series, I, again, didn't feel a need for a second book, and out of fear of it not being as good as Scythe haven't picked it up. This seems to be an unpopular opinion though, as my boyfriend has stated on multiple occasions that it leads perfectly into a series that he has so far absolutely enjoyed. The hype is also what's stopping me.

4) Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones


The second book in the Howl's Moving Castle trilogy, I haven't picked this up just out of confusion. I know Howl's Moving Castle has a movie adaptation that Studio Ghibli made, but so is Castle in the Air but I don't think they actually have anything to do with each other in terms of these movie adaptations (if Castle in the Air was indeed a movie adaption from Diana Wynne Jones). So I was hesitant on picking up this book just out of wondering if it's really a sequel? Or is it more of a companion book with cameos?

5) Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab


The second book in the Monsters of Verity duo-logy, I picked this up once and promptly set it back down after the first chapter was following Kate...talk about useless drama. I loved August Flynn, had it started with him I'm sure I'd be done by now.


Not to mention finishing up Brisingr and Inheritance by Christopher Paolini and Winter by Melissa Meyer, they're taking me way to long to frickin finish!

Those are the sequels I still need to finish and really have no excuse not to aside form laziness and a lack of motivation.

What series did you have a hard time finishing?

Let me know

Until next time!

Litta

No comments:

Post a Comment