Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Spooky Scary Book Tag

It's getting closer to that fantastic time of year!




Not just for the "appropriate" time to watch Nightmare Before Christmas, but also when the weather is getting a little cooler, I can start wearing layers and not have to worry about it getting too warm mid-day (what's with that? I mean really! It's fricken icy cold in the morning and I dress for that then it gets so warm through out the day!) As well as Halloween!! and Pumpkin baking! I got two pumpkins out of my garden this year which is two more than the last three years combined so I'm pretty happy. I'm thinking pumpkin bread of chocolate chip pumpkin cookies, thoughts?

Alright today I'm doing a tag for you and it's the:



Spooky Scary Book Tag

Created by Shelby over at Shelby Masako

1. What goes bump in the night? Name a book that has legitimately sacred you while reading it.


Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James, creeped me out. There were multiple occasions where I was holding my breath and fearful but the main reason: Being trapped and alone in space. No thank you!

2. Jack-O-Lanterns and Classic Costumes: A book you always reach for during Halloween time.

I'm not a big re-reader, but I do feel the need to re-read Harry Potter between September and December. Otherwise during Halloween I tend to want thriller/horror or fun witchy fantasy.

3. Black Cats and Magic Mirrors: A book you love this is laced with superstition and/or magic.


Coraline by Neal Gaiman. When I first started to try to read the book I was really disappointed, because I had watched the Laika movie first, and it felt weird not to have Wybe, but after some time I gave it another try and found that the book was even creepier than the movie, but still as magical, whole heartedly loved it.

4. Witch's Brew: Favorite witch character in any book/series.


Circe by Madeline Miller. This book was so fun to listen to. I had never heard of Circe before this and I really enjoyed learning her story through Miller. 

5. Ghouls and Ghosts: A book that still haunts you to this day (good or bad).


American War by Omar El Akkad. This one was fairly haunting in that I felt like this very well could happen. Where another civil war comes about due to the oil power and it's eventual use becoming illegal. It was a very heart wrenching novel that my boyfriend and I still talk about.

6. Haunted Graveyard: You're all alone in a haunted gravyard, you get one book to give you comfort, which is it.


The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I mean I'm not sure how much comfort it would give me, but I feel like if a read a rather friendly/endearing story about a boy who grew up in a graveyard it'd make me relax a little bit, thinking that for the most part the ghosts keep to themselves.

7. The undead: Favorite supernatural created to read about.

It just depends on book really. I enjoy reading about witches, vampires and ghosts, but I'm not opposed to reading about werewolves and other creatures.

8. In the end of the night:Pick a book with a black cover.

All the above could count for this but I'll pick another that I love and haven't read yet:



Alright and that's the Spooky Scary Book Tag

But books have you read scared/creeped you out?

Until next time!

Litta

No comments:

Post a Comment