Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Pixar Book Tag

So my schedule will be a little wonky this month, due to me feeling like the Top 5 Wednesday Prompts are....not sure how to explain it....I feel like I need to read more books enable to answer them. So I'm putting that on hold for a bit and do some interesting Tag Tuesdays.

This week is Pixar Book Tag


I absolutely love Pixar, they're movies are so touching and inspirational.

The Pixar Book Tag was created by youtuber ThisIsMe and I added the last two questions because I wanted Up and Wall-e to be represented.


Questions:




Cars: Name a book in which the character go on a long physical journey:

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien


I really enjoyed reading this. having seen the Lord of the Rings movies it was interesting to get this "prequel". I have not watched the movie adaptation to this, don't know if I will.




Inside out: Name a book about the mind:

Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton


In a way this book is about the mind as it follows a boy named Adam who is taking a trial drug to help with his Schizophrenia only for it to not work as it should.

I am not schizophrenic, nor do I know anyone who is, so I can't say for sure if this is a good representation of it, but I enjoyed the book and the information it had to offer.




Monsters Inc: Who/What's your most lovable book creature?

When trying to figure this one out I realized I don't read a whole lot of books with creature companions....

I'd probably have to say Erg from Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter


Erg is an enchanted doll that loves to eat. She was given to Vassa by her mom before she died. Erg is a bit mischievous and trouble some but cute in her own way. I particularly enjoyed the descriptions of her wooden body and the care they took to make sure she stayed pristine.




Finding Nemo: Who's the best book dad?

Marie-Laure's father in All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr


Marie-Laure is blind, but she hadn't always been that way, so to help her cope and get around town her father builds a miniature version of the city for her, as well as complex puzzle boxes that contain treats. He was so loving and caring for his daughter, and new just how to brighten her day. I was sad when he didn't come back into the story.




Brave: Who's the best book mom?

I guess I wont choose Molly Weasley....Again....
Lottie Reeve's mom in Everything All at Once by Katrina Leno


This whole family has an awesome relationship with each other. They communicate, they joke, and they understand each other's boundaries.




Toy Story: A book from your childhood you think every kid should read:

There was this book series I remember reading over and over again at my grandma's and at my moms. It always had to do with bugs and it always rhymed and when you flipped a book over there was another story on the other side... I'll get back to you on this, I think my mom still has the books




The Incredibles: If you could have any superpower/ability what would it be and why?

I remember there being a "would you rather" quiz asking if I would rather know every language in the world or know how to play every instrument. In my opinion, music is a type of language, so I would choose language. I think that would be so awesome to be able to talk and try to connect with anyone.



Ratatouille: Name a fictional food you would want to eat?

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


It's been a while since I read this, but I remember a dinner party with sugar spheres, the were perfectly spherical and each one was a different color on someone's plate. They were a dessert, and when you cracked it with a spoon there was a filling inside (I picture Cadberry egg filling) each one was a different flavor that the person who ate it loved , but unique to the point where they couldn't quite pinpoint what flavor it was supposed to represent. Ugh it made my mouth drool.


Coco: A book with an international setting:

Consider the Fork: A History About How We Cook and Eat by Bee Wilson


Arguably this book doesn't really have a setting outside of the ever changing kitchen. But I enjoyed how Wilson included everyone's history of kitchen-ware, from Ingeniousness America to Japan, she jumped around and I really enjoyed listen to different variations of similar utensils around the world.



Up: An book setting you'd like to visit:

Aside from: Hogwarts, Narnia, and Middle Earth

Wicked Like Wildfire by Lana Popovic


This book is set in Montenegro, and how Popovic writes about is just so beautiful and serene, with the magic involved this book was very atmospheric, too bad it's story is slow.




Wall-E: Music you listen to when you read:

Honestly I can read with nearly anything going on, but what I prefer to listen to is something like Glass Animals on a Pandora station and cycle through those on a low volume.

And that's the Pixar Book Tag!

If you've done this tag, link it below, I'd love to check it out!

Until next time!

Litta



Questions:

Cars: Name a book in which the character go on a long physical journey:

Inside out: Name a book about the mind:

Monsters Inc: Who/What's your most lovable book creature?

Finding Nemo: Who's the best book dad?

Brave: Who's the best book mom?

Toy Story: A book from your childhood you think every kid should read:

The Incredibles: If you could have any superpower/ability what would it be and why?

Ratatouille: Name a fictional food you would want to eat?

Coco: A book with an international setting:

Up: An book setting you'd like to visit:

Wall-E: Music you listen to when you read:

No comments:

Post a Comment