Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Tag Tuesday: Disney Song Book Tag

I found this tag over at The Book Nut and thought it'd be a bit of fun. Disney song's always remind me of summer due to a crazy night in a cabin where we sang along to every one of them as we made dinner, so I found it appropriate.

Disney Song Book Tag


Part of Your World - What book world would you change yourself for to be apart of that world?

Thinking about this one, I realize I don't read a whole lot of fantasy, or "other worldly" books. I wouldn't have to change really for Harry Potter (unless gifted with magical abilities counts) but in all honesty I'd probably choose The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. When I watched The Lord of the Rings I had always wanted to be an elf, after reading The Hobbit, I"d still like to be an elf, but I opened up to the possibility of wanting to be a Hobbit in the Shire. An odd one though, that wanted to venture out every now and again, because yes.


Let it Go - What book did you not want to finish because you loved it so much?

American Gods by Neil Gaiman, just yes! I need to watch the tv series so I can get more of the full cast.


Tale as Old as Time - What book do you think is/will be timeless?

I'm trying to think of one other than Harry Potter....A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. Just...so many emotions with this book. It was thrilling and adventures and heart breaking. It's such a short read but made a huge impact and made me cry just as much as the movie did.


So This is Love - What book were you hesitant to read at first but ended up loving?

The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James. I had kept going back and forth with this book and then proceeded to debate if I wanted the UK book cover or wait for the US cover to be published in August. But I'm glad I finally read it. It's being hyped quite a bit right now, from what I've seen, and despite having my reservations of it the first couple pages, it loved up to that hype.


Friend like Me - which character would you like to be your best friend?

The Autumn Prince from The Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson. So ignoring the ending of this book, I really enjoyed the Autumn Prince's confidence and playfulness when it came to shape shifting. He made ravens seem adorable. And his care for Isobel when she got turned into a rabbit was so tender and sweet.


Reflection - What book really made you think/change the way you viewed things?

The Bone Sparrow by Zana Fraillon, this book was depressing, but needed. It made me think of refugees, period. I always thought there was some kind of process where they'd get help getting protection into a country and set up to live a life and make their way into that country, not treated as criminals in nearly any country they try to enter. What kind of hope is that for the world where those who are running from their home due to war only to arrive hoping for help and receiving treatment equal to criminals.

These were all the questions that this particular tag had, but I decided to add a couple more:

Bonus Questions


Hakuna Matata - It Means "No Worries", what audio book did you find the narrator's voice and the story told, over all relaxing?

I'm not done with it yet but the narration for Circe by Madeline Miller is like butter to my ears. Perdita Weeks's voice is just so soothing, and the story of Circe is over all entertaining but not overwhelming in information, I found myself recalling what I do know of Greek Gods' stories and over all just getting lost in Miller's words being spoken by Weeks.


Dig a Little Deeper - What book had potential, but just missed the mark?

The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X.R. Pan. I just want to say that I still think this is a good book, I just feel that there were a couple topics in this book that didn't get as flushed out as I wanted them to.


One Last Hope - Name your favorite fictional mentor.

Aunt Frances and Aunt Jet in Alice Hoffman's Practical Magic. In the book and the movie these two are funny and loving. I envy Sally and Gillian.

I'm sure if I tried I could go on an on with this tag, so I'll stop here.

If you've done this tag, please link it down below, as I'd like to see what you answered

Until next time!

Litta


No comments:

Post a Comment