Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tag Tuesday: Intimidating TBR Book Tag

So I had started this tag about a month ago, but a lot of the answers still hold true. Unfortunately I'm not all too sure of the name....but I think it's the Intimidating TBR book tag....

This tag was created by Lindsey at the youtube channel Lindsey Rey. I don't believe the original book tag video is up any more but people are still posting the tag.

Questions:

1. What book have you been unable to finish?

Eldest by Christopher Paolini


I don't know why I can't get through this, I've picked it up and read a bunch of it then get into a slump with it and rather than getting irritated with the book I just put it down with intent on picking it up again...As of today I am back reading it, not from the beginning, but a chapter or so behind where I had stopped previously to get my barrings. I'm still apprehensive about the book but not pensive. I'm enjoying Eragon's chapters, Roran's chapter's I'm tolerating but I ultimately get irritated with Nusuada's chapters. I heard this was the worst one just because there's so much build up it's trying to get for the next book.

The same could be said for: Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire illustrated by Douglas Smith



The next set of questions are grouped together with the phrase
What book have you yet to read because...

2. ...you just haven't had the time?

Egg and Spoon by Gregory Maguire



....So I didn't even know this was the same author as Wicked....shows how much I pay attention to my books. Uhm yeah, I bought this because it sounded interesting and the cover is striking, but this is a thick book......475.....it's a thicker book in person. Time really is my only excuse, I bought it, set it aside and have been picking up newer books....

3. ...it's a sequel?

Rip Tide by Kat Falls


I enjoyed the first one Dark Life and just really didn't think it needed a sequel, I didn't even really want to get it, but I got my boyfriend to read Dark Life and when he heard there was Rip Tide....careful what you wish for when you wish your boyfriend will read your books....

Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab


I knew there was going to be a sequel to This Savage Song, I was really looking forward to it, but then the hype came, and now I fear it's over hyped, and I'm afraid to pick it up now. Out of fear it wont live up to my expectations.

4. ... it's brand new?

The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza by Shaun David Hutchinson



This just came out it February, I just got it in the mail, and I'm just going to hold on to it for a bit, not just because it's new but because I heard that it was in the same universe as Hutchinson's We Are the Ants and there are some cameo's that one would appreciate if you read that one before reading this one, so now I'm waiting on We Are the Ants to come in the mail....

5. ..you read a book by the same author and didn't enjoy it?

Renegades by Marissa Meyer


So I don't have this on my physical tbr, as in, I don't own it. I enjoyed The Lunar Chronicles, I loved Heartless but I hesitate with this one because....It doesn't really peak my interest? I know I know I'm going the other way around with this question. I don't know why but because I liked the rest of her work I almost feel an obligation to continue reading what Meyer puts out and this one I fear won't be as good as the others.

6. ...you're just not in the mood for it?

Song of the Current by Sarah Tolscer


Raising your eye brows at this one? yeah so am I. I got it in an Uppercase box and was so excited about it and kept meaning to pick it up and meaning to pick it up, only for it to be fall, and knowing this is about a river, I want to read it in the summer. And now, knowing there is a sequel coming out on my birthday this year, I feel the need to pick it up before the sequel comes out....no pressure....just get in the mood already!

7. ...it's humongous?

Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King


705 pages.....I know I own It but one issue at a time, 705 pages! This book sounds really interesting but even knowing it was by Stephen King I didn't think it was going to be 705 pages! I get wary at 500 pages!

8. ...because it was  cover buy that turned out to have poor reviews?

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany and Jack Thorne


I got this for various reasons: It's Harry Potter, it's cover is gorgeous, the play will never be performed in a city near me....But when it came out.....SOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo many mixed reviews that I've been nervous to pick it up ever since.

9. What is the most intimidating book in your tbr?

One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake


I ultimately enjoyed Three Dark Crowns but towards the end I had mixed feelings about the characters. The story itself: Loved it. Loved the concept, thought it was unique and dark and exciting. But the characters....I wasn't a fan of Arsinoe to begin with I just didn't have a connection with her, I had it more with her best friend. Maribella I actually enjoyed at first and was rooting for her, then quickly got irritated with and found her just...frustrating. Katherine is the only one I like now. I thought she was cute in the beginning and I felt bad for her, I wanted to protect her, I came to adore her. So because I finished the first book in this series on the fence, and I was excited about this sequel but now just feel daunted by it. It's uncomfortable.

Questions:

1. What book have you been unable to finish?
What book have you yet to read because...
2. ...you just haven't had the time?
3. ...it's a sequel?
4. ... it's brand new?
5. ..you read a book by the same author and didn't enjoy it?
6. ...you're just not in the mood for it?
7. ...it's humongous?
8. ...because it was  cover buy that turned out to have poor reviews?
9. What is the most intimidating book in your tbr?

1 comment:

  1. Eldest - I have not read this book in quite a while but from what I can remember Oromis was not necessarily dying. He was tortured and cut off from magic like you mentioned but I do not recall them actually saying he was dying. He was more experiencing the ravages of time without the benefit of the magic he had his whole life. Like if you or I lived our whole life and then suddenly lost the use of our hands. Not dying but not whole.

    Zia
    I found the best San Antonio Injury Lawyer

    ReplyDelete