Monday, July 30, 2018

Booktube-a-thon TBR


It's here again!!!

So I had tried doing video's on Youtube for this read-a-thon in particular. This read-a-thon is one of the things that really inspired me to want to read. It's so fun. Intimidating and stressful but fun.

This read-a-thon was created by Ariel Bissett

You can watch her video Here

This read-o-thon goes from July 30th to August 5th.

So with this read-a-thon (like with most) there are reading challenges to help build the TBR that we don't have to follow, but if we do and complete there's a digital certificate of completion....and I want it.

I did already create a video of my TBR Here....so check that out.

So let's get to the challenges and what I chose for my TBR

1) Let a coin toss determine your first read

So I interpreted this as the coin picking one of two books and whatever book the coin didn't choose I wouldn't be reading. (I've seen a couple video's of people choosing two books from their TBR and letting the coin choose which one they read first...)

So this is where my TBR video comes in handy so go ahead and watch that...I'll wait.

Mistress of All Evil by Serena Valentino



2) Read a book about something you want to do

A Thousand Paper Birds by Tor Udall


Honestly, I have no idea what this book is about, I just love the cover art and have always wanted to create a large art piece of layered paper cutouts.

3) Read and Watch a book to movie adaptation

So I know in my video I said I was just going to watch Maleficent for Mistress of All Evil but then this came in the mail:

Fantastic Beasts And Where to Find Them: The Original Screen Play by J.K. Rowling


So I'm going to read this instead, also because we just watch Maleficent last night, and yeah I could fudge the truth a bit and count it but....I want to watch Fantastic Beasts....so....

4) Read a book with green on the cover

I'm going to count A Thousand Paper Birds or Mistress of All Evil for this

5) Read a book while wearing the same hat the whole time

....I'll let you know what hat/accessory I pick in my wrap up

6) Read a book with a beautiful spine

Fantastic Beasts or A Thousand Paper Birds will work for this one.

7) Read 7 books

So I have three, The next four are going to be a mix of Manga and Graphic Novels:

The Girl From the Other Side Vol 1 by Nagabe, translated by Adrienne Beck, and lettered by Lys Blakeslee


Kamichama Karin by Koge-Donbo


Snow White: A Graphic Novel by Matt Phelan


Now in the video I said that I wanted to re-read:

Gotham City Sirens: Vol 1 by Paul Dini


Which I still might because it's been a while and I'd like to continue on with the series. However I may end up reading:

Rat Queens Vol 1: Sass & Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe and illustrated by Roc Upchurch


I'll most likely read both, but we'll see.

For anyone who get's all "uppity" with Graphic Novels saying "that's not really a book" uhm, shut your face please. The RULES of Booktube-a-thon is any length, format, etc... So this is a bind up of words that happen to contain a lot of art sooooooo



And that's my Booktube-a-thon TBR!

If you are participating let me know!

Until next time!

Litta

No comments:

Post a Comment