Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Forgettable Books

Today's Top 5 Wednesday is Forgettable Books.

They weren't bad but they just weren't quite where you wanted them and there for are hard for you to remember.

This list is of my top five most forgettable books....more so just under whelming more than anything, to the point where I had to look at my Goodread's read list to find them and remember I even read them....so yeah.

5) Big Fish by Daniel Wallace

Published 1998
I remember enjoying the book for the most part, but whether it's because I've seen the movie and that's all I can picture or what, I can't remember a whole lot of detail from this book. I remember a few bits here and there because they were different from the movie itself but otherwise, it's not a book I recall easily.

4) The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher

Published October 2016, by Blue Rider Press
The concept of this book was interesting, and I remember retaining a couple of details I found entertaining, but what I ultimately gathered from this book was that Carrie Fisher didn't have much self confidence even when older. The idea that she kept a journal when she played Princess Leia was and interesting prospect but also a bit boring, I remember skimming and eventually skipping that bit of the book. Maybe later I'll go back through and hopefully find it a bit more interesting but for the moment....

3) Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling

Published November 2011, by Crown Archetype
I feel like I would have remembered this one and perhaps even enjoyed it better had I listened to it on an audio book. As it was I thought it a bit slow and I can't remember much about it aside from finding out she was one of the writers for The Office....yet I still have an interest to pick up her second book.

2) The End, Or Something Like That by Ann Dee Ellis

Published May 2014 by Dial Books
I remember really wanting to like this book because I enjoyed the cover so much. However I just feel like it was kind of "typical." Even as the book tried to give it a "twist" (which I forgot about until reading the comments) where Emmy can see and talk to dead people didn't seem necessary.


Published June 2013, by Quirk Books
 This books seems to have it's divide of hard core fans and those who just didn't care for it. By the fact that this book showed up on this list should say which side of of the spectrum I'm on. This book was just so overly hyped, I went in thinking it was going to be scary and mysterious with some fantasy/paranormal elements. There was one scary-ish part but otherwise I found this book lacking. It was hard to care for the protagonist he was a white male who had typical family and teen angst, Miss Peregrine was the only character that stuck out as she reminded me of Professor McGonagall, the children...there was just so many of them it was hard to keep track of who was who and what their "peculiarity" was. This book didn't entice me into it's series or fan base.

And that is my top five forgettable books! Did you feel the same about any of these? let me know!

Until Next time!

Litta

No comments:

Post a Comment