Thursday, January 4, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Reading Resolutions

Welcome to my first post of 2018!

This week's Top 5 Wednesday is our reading resolutions. Now I kind of talked about this in my 2017 review but let's get a bit more extensive here.

Reading Resolutions





1. Read My Own Books

I have stacks, I mean literal stacks of books in my room on my floor that come up to my belly button. These are all books I have bought and haven't read yet. Yet being the key factor here. But I'd like to get to these, I really would. I did pretty good towards the end of 2017 about going through them and getting rid of anything I know longer find interesting. And although I have a few anticipated new releases coming out this year (particularly this month) that I'd like to also get to, I'd like the majority of what I read this year to be what I already own.

2. Thorough Reviews

One thing I've seen on booktube in particular is something I want to get into but haven't quite yet is annotating and highlighting books. I can't do this yet...So instead I've started a note book and have been writing my thoughts and feelings through out my reads so far this year. What I hope to accomplish with this is to be able to review books more thoroughly. I don't mind my little monthly reviews but I hope to put up posts talking about one book in particular and have enough content, thought, and feelings about it that it shouldn't be a problem making a whole post about one book.

3. Complete Goodsreads Challenge

In 2017 my Goodreads goal was set at 52 and I matched that exactly. This year I want to push myself a bit and go for 60-65. which may take some adjusting it terms of my reading habits, but this next resolution should help with that.

2. Read Every Day

There were times this last year where I would read a bunch one day and thought it was sufficient enough to skip a couple of days. Or during readathons I'd power read my tbr pile, saw that I was ahead in my Goodreads goal and so not bother reading for a week or two. I want to change this so that I read a chapter or so every day, whether it's putting aside an hour or so before bed or listening to an audio book during my downtown at work, just so I constantly have a book I'm getting through.

1. Re-read Books I DNFed

There were a couple books in 2017 I just ended up putting down and never picked back up. One in particular my boyfriend is having a cow over, and that's the sequel to Eragon, Eldest by Christopher Paolini, but there were others as well. It's not that I didn't enjoy them, it's just what I didn't want to read at that time. But I'd like to be able to get to 2019 with no unfinished books on my slate.

Other

A couple of my other resolutions for this year are to start making my own art for these blogs. Using Google stock photo's is the worst, but I still feel guilty about it, especially since I know how to do it myself.

In general I also want to illustrate more. I want to create my own pieces. I want to be ready to hang in a show that doesn't include previous works I did in college.

I also have a question for you as readers. Gifs or no gifs? are they distracting to the content? I have mixed feelings about them. I feel there are times and places to put them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment